1 tablespoon Sweet Almond oil
3. Add the beeswax to the glass bowl or container. It is best to melt the beeswax first because it has the highest melting point, thus it will take the longest to melt. Stir until the beewax is completely melted.
4. Add the shea butter next, I used a knife to scoop out 1 tablespoon. Stir until it has completely melted.
5. Add in the coconut oil, sweet almond oil and vitamin E oil. Stir until all the oils are completely mixed together. Your lip balm base is done! Now it's time to have some fun with flavoring!!!
7. I poured 1/2 of the lip balm base into another glass jar because I made several different flavors. I placed that glass jar (with 1/2 of the base) in the pot of hot water to keep the ingredients liquid.
If you are only making one (1) flavor, skip step 7 and add 35-40 drops of the essential oil of your choice, skip step 8. Pour the lip balm into your storage containers. I placed some in the lip balm tubes and some in the plastic jars.
This recipe filled four (4) lip balm containers and three (3) jar containers. In the tubes (from left to right): Sweet orange, Raspberry, Vanilla, Lemon/Key-lime. Since the vanilla essential oil tends to settle, I tried to get creative make a swirl design in the jar but it did not turn out quite right. Oh well!!
6. Sweet almond oil is nourishing and also an excellent moisturizer.
I am looking forward to hearing your comments about this product. Look for updates in future blogs as I experiment with different flavors. Stay tuned because I will be using these a gifts during an upcoming give away!!
God bless you!