January 3, 2013

To Resolution or Not.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Goodbye 2012, Hello 2013. Thank you God for another year!

I just wanted to begin the new year by saying hello and God bless you!

This year I've decided NOT to make any new year's resolutions per se. I looked at all the areas of my life that I am not happy with and yes, that does include my weight, attitude, bad habits, etc. This year, I am going to work overall on self improvement. In the past, I've done the whole "new year's resolution list" of everything that I want to accomplish and most of the time, it never gets done.

Another thing I encourage you to do, along with self improvement, is to do things that you've always wanted to do but did not or have not. For example, I have ALWAYS wanted to take a formal ballet class. When I started praise dancing in 2002, I felt I really needed ballet training. However, many discouraged me and I never went forth with taking classes. Well, on August 29, 2012, I took my first formal ballet class!! I've been going faithfully, once a week, since then.  Then the ladies in my ballet class decided they wanted to learn tap. I was so excited, I felt like a young child!!! I could not wait to get to the dance store to purchase some tap shoes!!! I purchased my first pair of tap shoes ever on November 24, 2012 and now take tap classes as well. These things were not on my "new year's resolution list for 2012" but they were desires that I've always had.  I thank God for fulfilling those desires! Think you are too old.....did I mention that I am WELL over 35? :-)

So, with that being said,  I will be sharing here frequently about "self improvement steps" I am working on. I hope they bless you! Stay tuned.................

No comments:

Post a Comment