January 28, 2013

Space Shuttle Challenger....27 year later

I must admit, I am a NASA Nerd! I love watching NASA TV and to keep up with what is going on aboard the International Space Station, watching new crew members going to live aboard the space station and watching old crew members return to Earth and sharing their experiences of living in space. If I could become an Astronaut today, I'd do it!!

However, my heart still aches for the shuttle disasters that have occurred. Space Shuttle Challenger is very near and dear to my heart. This event changed my career path and deterred me from pursuing my dream of becoming an Astronaut. Nonetheless, 27 years later, I still remember the day...January 28, 1986.....like it was yesterday (see my January 28, 2012 blog about Space Shuttle Challenger).

From left to right: Christa McAuliffe, Greg Jarvis, Judy Resnik, Commander Dick Scobee, Ronald McNair, Mike Smith, Ellison Onizuka.








The Challenger 7.














The Challenger 7 taking the historic walk-way from crew quarters and the suit-up room to the Astro Van. This walk-way has been used by every shuttle crew since the Apollo missions.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment