January 2, 2012

It's 2012....Moving Forward

WOW! I can't believe that it has been a year since I've written a blog. That is a goal for 2012....to blog more often.

Here are some highlights from my 2011. I was privileged to teach at a dance conference on the topic of tabrets and glory hoops. This was my 1st time teaching at a conference. I enjoyed this experience and thank God for the opportunity and for his guidance. Here are a few photos of me teaching.

"Your feet are weapons...you stomp
on the devil's neck when you dance"                                       Teaching about tabrets


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also ministered in dance at the conference to the song "Holy Spirit Rain Down" sung by Alvin Slaughter.
 
                    
 
 
 
 
 
I traveled a little in the summer of 2011. I went to Washington, D.C. to visit my sister. I'd never been to our Nation's Capital.   I was able to take my mother on a belated 60th birthday cruise, we cruised to Cozumel. And I welcomed a new niece into the family....born 3 days before my birthday.
Me and my mommy getting ready to sail away!
 
Me with the White House in the background
One big accomplishment was re-learning to sew. Thanks to my Gran Gran (God rest her beautiful soul), who paid for sewing lessons when I was in 6th grade. With God, I've been making my own worship dance garments!!!! This has been a dream/goal of mine for awhile. I have been amazed at what God has pulled out of me. I don't take any of the credit........
 
 
 
This garment is named Daughter of Adonai. It is a mixture of purple and pink. Biblically, purple means royalty.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This garment (below) is named Jesus, My Beloved. My friend Poetry Dancer from Facebook sent me this beautiful fabric. I also made the blue pants and top. I made them in white then dyed them light blue to match the garment.    
                            


                
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
          
The latest and greatest news is that I have been given permission to begin a Children's Dance Ministry at my church. It has been on my heart for a long time and I finally discussed it with the Senior Pastor and the Children's Pastors. They were overjoyed and are supporting the ministry 100%. I'm excited!! Keep me in prayer please. God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with a sewing machine....I can't wait to begin sewing garments for the ministry and imparting to the children. God has already blessed the ministry with white garments....8 dresses that I was able to purchase for $8.00 each. 

2012 is upon us....and as the song by Israel Houghton goes..."moving, moving forward". God bless!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Looking forward to seeing more of what God has "graced" you to do in 2012. Be blessed...and keep dancing for Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and I thank you soooooooooooooooo very much for your support. God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete