May 2, 2010

The Attack.....but GOD!

The devil is ALWAYS busy. The more I mature in the word, live daily, and minister through dance, the more I see this and understand just how true that statement is. The devil wants to distract, hinder and stir up strife.


In 2009, the dance ministry that I was a member of was asked to minister at an Juneteenth event on June 18. I was particularly excited about this because it was an event in the community and it was an opportunity to lift up the name of the Lord in the community. Don't get me wrong, ministry is needed in the church...Amen. But for those who do not attend church and have never heard the gospel, we as Christians must reach out to them. As I prayed and prepared, I sensed in my spirit that this event was different and that Adonai was going to do something extraordinary...


Around 2am on the morning of June 18, Satan got busy. I awoke with stomach cramps and feeling very ill. After telling Satan to "get under my feet", I began praying and asking God to breathe healing into my body. I reminded the Father of the assignment that he'd given me for that day and that there was no place of illness or pain in my body. God, being the loving Father he is, removed the illness and I began to feel better. I rested well the rest of the night and woke up ready to minister and anticipating the prescence of the Holy Spirit.


On the way to the event location, the devil got busy....yet again. While in the car enroute, I got violently nauseous and began sweating uncontrollably. I started praying but did not say anything as I did not want to scare or have the other ladies concerned about me. I knew the devil was trying to take me out and destroy the seed in my spirit that Adonai had planted. If the devil took me out he could then cause a distraction to the rest of the ministry (i.e. the other ladies would to be concerned about me and thinking about how to rearrange the ministry pieces to minister without me). I began warfare against the devil. I declared, "Devil you are UNDER my feet". "I am going to this event and I WILL minister under God's power, I have an assignment." I prayed to Adonai and recited the scripture "....and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53: 5. Around that time, however, one of the other members looked over at me and noticed I was sweating. I assured them I would be fine, told them not to worry, and kept on praying. They began to make adjustments (i.e. change in car temperature, change in seating arrangments, etc) to help me feel better. Within a few minutes I felt better and by the time we arrived at the event site, I was feeling fine. Ministry went forth under the annointing, lives were touched, the good news was spread, people were encouraged and, most importantly, the mighty name of JESUS was lifted up.


The devil tried to take me out.....BUT GOD!!! 1 Peter 5:8 "....Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour". The word is our sword, the word is our defense. James 4: 7 "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."


Thank you Daddy, for this experience. "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to HIS purpose"...Romans 8:28. I love you Adonai.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, God is great and He has put ALL of the enemie's works under your feet. Keep dancing for Christ!

    ReplyDelete